- a police officer working in a blizzard
- a form of government in which groups of people, commonly known as ‘political parties’, compete to offer the most inspiring false promises
- what a cockney barber does
- the arbitrary and unreasonable selection of people to treat with respect
- the place to which you are darned if you have no faith in Gosh
- a set of holes tied together with string
- two physicians
- a small metal disc given to shoppers as a token of thanks for their purchases. Once a lot of these have been collected, they are occasionally part-exchanged for other things or thrown into larger
collections run by charities working to get these worthless bits of metal out of circulation. Occasionally a slightly larger version is found, commonly known as a ‘tuppence’.
- a school pupil who has been appointed to hypocritically boss about and set a bad example for other pupils
- what trees do in the spring
- a person who knows more and more about less and less. The ultimate specialist was, of course, Henry’s Cat, who knew everything about nothing.
- what you get when you step on chewed bubble gummo
- see penny
More funny bits |