Christmas Wrapped Up
Mr and Mrs Black have just started their Christmas shopping and
wrapping. So far they have bought a present for each of their four
children, wrapped each in a different colour of paper, and spaced them
equally in a line in front of the Christmas tree.
Determine whose present is which in the line, and what colour each is
wrapped in, from the following clues:
- Helen’s present is immediately right of the one wrapped in gold
- Eve’s present is further left than the one in red paper.
- Peter’s present is further from the one in silver paper than
the blue-papered one is.
- Bernard has the girls’ presents immediately either side of his
Quick and Easy
- You reach the camp just as it gets dark. You have no
electricity, and when you open your matchbox, you find that there is only
one match left. There is a log fire, a paraffin lamp and a gas
stove. What should you light first?
- New Year’s Day is always a week after Christmas. In 1979,
Christmas Day was a Tuesday. What day was New Year in that
- From the street, the name of a hairdresser’s shop appears in
large cut-out letters stuck to the window. Inside, I look
diagonally at one of the mirrors on the side wall, and see the name
reflected in the mirror. Does the name appear the right way round,
What number goes at the top of the tree?
October 2003 |
February 2004 |
The rest of my place |